Today I went to block island which is a small island off point Judith (Rhode Island where I live) and it is just so incredible how beautiful my state is. We went with some family that’s come down from Canada in a completely landlocked region so it’s been so long since they’ve seen the ocean. Me, having grown up around it found it hard to get my head around the idea of not being able to drive 5 minutes and watch the waves stroke in and out. These little things we take for granted are sometimes the things we can’t live without.
“1. Kiss that cute boy at the party, but push him away as soon as he puts his hand up your skirt
2. Smoke a cigarette for the first time, and make it your last
3. Don’t straighten your hair for a week, see how many compliments you get
4. Blast your favorite song even when your mum has told you off for playing it too loudly. Enjoy those 3 minutes of pure happiness before she pulls the plug out.
5. Say yes to going out, you’ll have something to tell your grandchildren about
6. Paint a sun on a rainy day, then stick it to the window
7. Eat the cupcake, you have better things to worry about than those 300 calories
8. Do yoga and meditate as often as possible
9. Stand up for yourself. Someone called you a slut? Someone said you are ugly? Someone said your art work was boring and dull? That is your cue to fucking stand up for yourself and make them speechless
10. Don’t respond to a group of males whistling at you. You’re a human being, not a fucking dog
11. Leave your headphones at home, see how much you are missing out on because you’re always lost in your own thoughts
12. Carry hand sanitizer and bandaids in your purse
13. Wear sexy underwear, loads of leather, a fur coat, heels and purple lipstick. Do it for yourself, not for the hot guy next door.
14. If you’re having a bad day, cry, scream, punch a pillow, throw stuff around. Then you pick up the mess, including yourself and get back up.
15. Smile, be polite and get on peoples good sides for starters
16. Stop waiting for your crush, stop dressing up for the bar man that serves you a free drink or staying extra hours at work for your boss. Stop impressing these dickheads and start impressing yourself.
17. Laugh until you cry, and when the girl sitting next to you in class tells you to shut up, laugh even louder.
18. Do whatever feels right in the moment, laugh, cringe and regret it later. Repeat.”
“Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t”.
Think back on everyone you’ve met. The people you like, the ones you don’t. Everyone has something to share with you and I think this is a very valuable lesson. So next time you meet someone you don’t relate to, try to find something they can teach you. The more you learn the better a person you’ll be. Looking at it this way seems to make it easier–at least for me.
This is true with life as well. I’d like to believe that everything happens for a reason and good can come out of even the worst situations-you may learn something.
“You’re too old to be so shy” he says to me so I stay the night.
Best part of summer is that you only see people you make an effort to. The last few days I’ve really been trying to shut myself out from my friends and try to enjoy myself through the only things I can really rely on…myself and the world around me. It’s been extraordinary to really see all the beauty around me that I’ve taken for granted all this time. It’s given me time to process.
If you’ve read my post “unavailable bitch” then u can probably tell that I’ve got some issues when it comes to guys. Recently, I met a guy named Cole. He stood up for me when no one else would. Later that night he got my number and now I guess were talking but the thing is that I don’t know if I’m attracted to him. He’s the sweetest person and everything about him is what I’ve been drooling over in movies yet I’m not as excited as I should be. He even tells me exactly how he feels so I’m never anxious and he doesn’t even look at other girls. On paper he’s perfect but in reality I’m just not sure. It makes me wonder if maybe I need a little jealousy or angst to develop some kind if lust. I know–that’s rediculous and I’m a hypocritical idiot no wonder I’m single, but it’s just a feeling I can’t seem to shake…
I wish people were still friendly like they used to be. It doesn’t take much effort to just smile at people when they walk by or exchange small talk. People are so caught up in their own lives to open their eyes and notice what’s going on around them. It can not only change your whole life to just be more aware and compassionate, but it can make someone’s day–and that is definitely worth it.